Varanasi: On the instructions of Commissioner of Police, Varanasi A. Satish Ganesh, proceedings under the UP Gangster Act were taken against 9 accused of NEET solver gang.
In the NEET examination held on 12-09-2021, the joint police team of Crime Branch Varanasi and police station Sarnath arrested other accused including solver and registered a case in police station Sarnath.
During the investigation of the prosecution, the gang’s kingpin and other active members Dr. Osama Shahid, Nilesh alias PK, Vikas Kumar Mahto, Kanhaiya Lal Singh, Kranti Kaushal, Omprakash Singh, Raju Kumar, Dr. Afroz and Muntazir and other accused were arrested.
There is a gang of arrested accused, which is spread to Tripura, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, the members of this inter-state gang pass the examination by placing solvers in place of real candidates in the entrance examination conducted for admission in MBBS and in return their parents. 40 to 50 lakh rupees are collected.
In order to take effective action against the active members of the above Solver Gang, on 25-03-2022, after the approval of the Commissioner of Police, Varanasi Police Station Sarnath, the charge of Cr. No. 109/22 Section 3(1) Uttar Pradesh Gang Bandh and Anti-Social Activities Prevention Act was registered. Under the Gangster Act, action has been taken against the following accused who have been detained in the district jail-
1. Oshama Shahid, son of Late Maqbool Ahmed, resident – Shekhawada, Police Station Mohammadabad, Gohna District Mau
2. Nilesh Kumar alias P.K.Son Kamalvansh Narayan Singh, Resident – Patliputra Opposite Telephone Exchange, Next to P&M Mall Sardar Patel Colony, Thana Digha Patna Vihar
3. Vikas Kumar Mahto, son of Late Upendra Mahto, resident – Village Post Bela Simri Police Station Khagaria District Khagaria Bihar
4. Kanhaiya Lal Singh, son of Late Ram Sagar Singh, resident D1 Sadbhavna Apartment Vivekananda Puram Police Station Chitaipur Varanasi Original Address Village Baraitha Police Station Chunar District Varanasi
5. Kranti Kaushal son Shiv Shankar Prasad, resident of village Narharpur, Post Mawaiya police station, Baburi district, Chandauli Halpata, on rent in the house of Rajesh Pal, Suswahi police station Chitaipur Varanasi
6. Om Prakash Singh, son of Late Somai Prasad, resident of Village Post, Gaighat Police Station, Chapia District, Gonda Halpata E -6/534 Amrapali Yojna Hardoi Road Police Station Kakori District Lucknow
7. Raju Kumar son Lalan Prasad Shahu, resident of Chandola police station Kaku district Jehanabad Bihar
8. Dr. Afroz Putra Salauddin, resident of New Bazaar Poorva Tulsipur Police Station, Tulsipur District Balrampur, Halpata- Goodluck Square Apartment Flat No. 305 Kesarbagh Lucknow
9. Muntazir son Abdul Mateen, resident of Saraiya police station Mubarakpur Azamgarh
All the above mentioned members of NEET Solver Gang are under judicial custody in District Jail Varanasi. The accused persons will be taken on remand in the case registered under the Gangster Act. The details of the movable and immovable properties of the accused are being collected, soon their illegally acquired properties will be seized under the Gangster Act.