Siddharthnagar: Speaking at a University Convocation, Deputy Chief Minister Dr. Dinesh Sharma has said the state government is reshaping the higher education policy of the state.
He said that the framework of higher education will change with the implementation of the provisions of the new education policy in the coming time. A system will be created that will prepare skilled youth who will play a key role in building a self-reliant India that guides the world.
With the new education policy, education of international standards will be developed in the state. Campuses of foreign universities will be opened. The government is also going to implement governance reforms in some educational institutions in the coming time.
He was speaking at the Fourth convocation ceremony of Siddharthnagar University Kapilvastu in the presence of Governor Anandi Ben Patel, Basic Education Minister Satish Chandra Dwivedi Vice Chancellor Surendra Dubey, Executive Council Member and Vidhan Parishad Member Dhruv Kumar Tripathi, Kapilvastu MLA Shyam Dhani and Sohargarh MLA Chaudhary Amar Singh.
The Deputy Chief Minister said that under the guidance of the Governor, UP has touched all heights. He said that it is a matter of pride for all that the Union Education Minister has said that Uttar Pradesh is at the top in the implementation of higher education and new education policy.
He underscored – in the last four years, the government has made revolutionary changes in the field of education. Now, higher education is being redesigned through the new education policy in the state. To implement the changes, a task force has been formed which includes all scholars in the education sector. For this, the government is moving fast by dividing the targets into three categories. The syllabus is being restructured in the universities of the state. About 70 percent of the courses will be the same in all universities and the remaining 30 percent will be on local basis. The committee formed for its determination has given the report and now a decision will be taken in this direction soon. Every student will have their own credit bank. This will make it easier for students to get admission from one university to another.
Employment skill development courses have been started for students. Recently the Department of Higher Education has tied up with the Ministry of Micro and Small Enterprises. Emphasis is also being laid on synergies with industrial establishments to make students employable. The examination system is also moving in the direction of improvement. In addition to objective questions in examinations, provisions are also being made to ask for multiple choice questions. MPhil has been abolished in the state. Along with offline education, online education has also been arranged. The system of online education was continued even during COVID. Lecture and reading material was made available online. Due to this, the session of higher education has also been regular and there have been examinations on time. Work is being done to create an Innovation Hub and Incubation Center in every university.
He said, “E-learning parks and e-Facilitation Centers are being set up in remote areas. The Uttar Pradesh government has built the country’s largest digital library. 79 thousand types of different content have been uploaded. For this, contracts have been signed with IIT Kharagpur and Indian Digital Library. This library can be used free of charge. Efforts are also being made to have an arrangement that even the the specially able can take advantage of this ocean of knowledge.
Under the direction of the Governor, unprecedented work has been done in the last three months. Shiksha Mahadan month was celebrated in the state. Efforts are also being made to properly implement e-learning as well as virtual classrooms. The work of teaching the foreign language along with the regional language could be started in all the universities. This scheme has been introduced in the expected colleges. Employment and quality education is at the top of the government agenda. Changes are being made in the course of higher education in such a way that it is employable. Research and innovation is part of the new education policy. Arrangements are being also made to allow the student to see the answer book of the examination. Dr. Sharma said that the International Buddhist Center and the Center of Excellence in Hinduism Jainism Buddhism were first established at Siddharthnagar University Kapilavastu. Today this department remains the subject of discussion all over India.