LUCKNOW METRO WINS NATIONAL AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AS “THE METRO RAIL WITH BEST PASSENGER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION“ FROM GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
3RD NATIONAL AWARD IN A ROW to UPMRC BY GoI
Lucknow: Lucknow Metro was today awarded with the Award of Excellence under the ‘Metro Rail with Best Passenger Service and Satisfaction’ category amongst all Metro Rails in India at the 16th Urban Mobility India Conference 2023 held at Delhi. The award was received by Shri Sushil Kumar, Managing Director, UPMRC from Secretary MoHUA and Chairman UPMRC Shri Manoj Joshi.
Lucknow Metro won the National award from the Government of India for its excellent Passenger service and satisfaction and Best Performance which means going the extra mile for passenger comfort, punctuality, reliability, convenience, benefit, engagement and safety. Lucknow Metro was awarded for its unique and passenger-centric measures & different policies like:
• The Praiseworthy Lost and Found cell has till date returned to its rightful owners over Rs 35 lakh so far in cash, one laptop every week, one mobile every two days, jewelry worth 35 lakhs and other valuable items.
• ‘ Celebration on Wheels’ where Lucknow metro decorates metro train coaches for people to organise birthdays, kitty parties etc.
• ‘ Customer Relation Management ’ program which focuses on Feedback/complaint redressal within 48 hours by a core Complaint cell team.
• Know Your Metro’ Campaigns through which awareness drives about How to use metro and its benefits are conducted at Schools, offices , banks and colleges.
• ‘ Grow your Business ’ program which gives opportunity to small scale business owners, artists and home makers to showcase and grow their brand/products at Metro station.
• ‘ Show your Talent’ program which gives opportunity to budding artists to perform in front of a live audience at Metro Stations.
• Engaging events for passengers at Metro Stations like Book fairs, Festival carnivals, Musical Band performances.
• **MOUs with stake holders” *& Tie ups with shops, Buiseness houses like Royal Café, Shalimar Gateway Mall, Anandi Magic World, Vidyamandir Classes etc which offer 10-30% discount on their services to Lucknow Metro GoSmart card users.
• Over 40 Dining outlets at 21 Metro stations for a fulfilling experience.
• First Metro in India to have Braille Buttons and stickers in lifts and trains along with separate Braille GoSmart cards.
• 99.99% Punctuality of trains with best reliability of trains with least failures per train and per km among all metro in india with least cost of maintenance per km.
The Urban Mobility India Conference witnesses participation from urban transport providers from across the country and is an esteemed conference that is looked forward to.
The 3 days long (from 27th to 29th October 2023) Urban Mobility India Conference and Expo was concluded today.
Sushil Kumar, MD UPMRC expressed his delight upon receiving the award, “I feel honoured and equally proud to have received this award for Lucknow Metro. We have taken umpteen steps to provide a convenient, hassle-free and an inclusive transport experience to our passengers and it feels really great when our efforts are recognised at an esteemed platform like the UMI Conference. This award is for the entire team of Lucknow Metro.”
In 2019 and 2022 also Lucknow Metro received National Awards for Excellence in Urban Transport and Best Multi Modal Integration by GoI at the UMI conference.