Lucknow: The Yogi government is promoting digital learning to make Uttar Pradesh a proficient state and to make classroom teaching more effective. In this sequence, CM Yogi has launched Smart Class in selected 18,381 council upper primary schools and Kasturba Gandhi Girls’ Schools. Besides, he has also inaugurated the process of setting up ICT labs in 880 development blocks. Through this, students can be made aware of computer and digital education. Overall, Yogi government’s plan is to make smart class as well as teachers and students smart.
That’s why smart class is necessary
Smart classes are being set up in schools to provide classroom teaching to children through digital system. In these smart classes, 75 inch modern touch screen panel, high definition web camera, digital course content, learning management system, internet connectivity, power backup will be available. Along with this, the facility of onsite operation and maintenance support will also be provided by the service provider for uninterrupted operation of smart classes in the classrooms.
Smart class will make teachers and students smart
• If classroom teaching is done through Smart Class, children will develop an interest in reading and their learning level will also increase.
• Digital content based on the syllabus prepared by NCERT and SCERT can be used for effective classroom teaching through Smart Class.
• Through Smart Class, teachers and children will be able to experience the state-of-the-art and world-class education system.
• Smart class in schools, availability of internet will make it possible to use different types of multimedia educational material easily.
• The progress of children can be easily monitored and online examinations of children can also be conducted.
• Internet connectivity will make it possible to monitor online teacher training, DBT, assessment of children, data collection etc.
Specialty of ICT Lab
• 7 computer desktops, 1 OPS with interactive flat panel (IFP), 1 inverter with battery, 1 HD web camera with inbuilt microphone, 1 PA system (handled mics with receiver and speaker) and other networking and hardware equipment will be available. .
• With the availability of digital resources, along with digital learning for children and capacity building of teachers, teachers can also conduct curriculum-based online classes.
• With the availability of digital resources in the development blocks, information can be collected and monitored through various portals (Mid Day Meal, Prerna Portal, Manav Sampada Portal etc.).
• Availability of digital resources will promote the use of digital education by children through effective use of computer software applications and internet.
• Apart from books, attractive and interactive online content can be easily made available to teachers through ICT Lab, which will expand the education system.
Primary school teachers will get tablets
• The Chief Minister also inaugurated the distribution of tablets to 209863 teachers of primary schools (02 for each primary school) with the aim of quick exchange of information, providing educational material and establishing an effective system of monitoring.
• Teaching work of students will be easy and useful through tablets. Through the tablet, training material for the use of teachers, more than 6500 educational content available on Diksha and educational content of various high level institutions (IIT, Gandhinagar and Khan Academy etc.) can be made available.
Big relief to AKTU from the Supreme Court, the threat of cancellation of the postponed session
• Children’s basic language and mathematics skills can be assessed through other apps (Nipun Lakshya App and Saral App) through the tablet. The registers used in schools will be available in digital form through tablets.
• Prerna app, device management, Manav Sampada portal, monitoring of MDM related scheme, PFMS portal can be operated from the tablet.
• Double enrollment of children through tablets will be prohibited, which will make payments made through DBT more transparent.
• Classes based on learning by doing can be conducted and with the availability of computers in the class, children can also practice on it.