Lucknow: University of Lucknow has already launched so many schemes for students financial support like Shodh Medha Scholarship, Karmyogi yojna, VC care fund etc under the direction of Hon’ble Vice Chancellor Prof Alok Kumar Rai.
Now University of Lucknow is launching a new financial support scheme “The Kushal Khiladi Kosh” for the students who are actively involved in sports.
Hon’ble Vice Chancellor Prof Alok Kumar Rai said that “The Kushal Khiladi Kosh” would be used for the promotion of sports excellence among the University students.
Following students will get the financial assistance under this scheme –
1. Full financial support (Course fee + hostel fee + mess charges) to the students winning gold/silver/bronze in the national and International LUAA (Lucknow University Athletic Association) approved sport competitions.
2. Tuition fee support to the students winning gold/silver/bronze in the state level LUAA approved sport competitions.
3. Travel financial support to the students participating in the International LUAA approved sport competitions.
A student would be eligible for the afore-mentioned schemes, if
• The students should have participated in the LUAA approved sports competition under the banner of University of Lucknow. Students competing individually or through any other affiliation shall not be eligible.
• Have clearly passed the previous semester or annual examination or is eligible for the back paper.
• Is enrolled for the regular or self-finance courses of the university.
• Has passed with minimum 60% marks in the previous examination.
• Should have at-least 75% attendance in the previous academic semester/year.
• Should not have been involved in any unlawful activities. (A certificate issued from the Proctor office should be enclosed with the application).
• He/She is not receiving any kind of financial assistance including fellowship/scholarship shall not be eligible for this support.
All types of assistance out of the “Kushal Khiladi Kosh” shall be subject to the consideration and decision of the Committee, which would consist of: –
• Chairman, Lucknow University Athletic Association (Chairperson)
• Secretary, Lucknow University Athletic Association (Member Secretary)
• Treasurer, Lucknow University Athletic Association (Member)
• Dean Students Welfare (DSW) (Member)
• Two members to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor.
The Committee shall discuss and decide upon the applications submitted by the students seeking financial support under Kushal Khiladi Kosh scheme.
Rules governing Dispersal from the Kushal Khiladi Kosh:
• Disbursement from the Kushal Khiladi Kosh would subject to the approval and financial sanction of the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor.
• The Kushal Khiladi Kosh would be used strictly for the assistance and aid to the needy students. No payment from this fund would be permitted for any other cause.
• False claims/information furnished by the candidate would make him/her liable for refund of the entire amount of assistance provided out of the Fund.
• Any place where rules are not clear or needs interpretation, decision of the Vice-chancellor shall be final.